NATURE’S HEALING PATH:
A Field Guide and Handbook for Nature Informed Therapy
This essential resource, developed by the Center for Nature-Informed Therapy, is designed to help therapists integrate the restorative power of the natural world into their practice. A comprehensive guide for both new graduates and experienced professionals, this handbook offers a wealth of tools, exercises, and evidence-based techniques for promoting mental health and well-being through nature connection.
As a companion to the esteemed Nature-Informed Therapy Certification Program, this field guide will deepen your understanding of how nature can foster personal growth, emotional healing, and resilience in your clients. Covering a wide range of topics such as ecotherapy, horticultural therapy, wilderness therapy, and green exercise, this guide provides an extensive overview of the various ways nature can be incorporated into mental health treatment.
Key highlights of the guide include:
1. Assessment and intervention tools: Learn to evaluate clients' nature connectedness and design personalized, nature-based interventions tailored to their specific needs and goals.
2. Practical exercises: Discover a range of therapeutic activities and exercises adaptable for individual, group, or family therapy settings, including forest bathing, nature-based mindfulness, and eco-art therapy.
3. Case studies: Explore real-life examples of successful nature-informed interventions, illustrating how clinicians have effectively integrated nature into their practice to promote mental health and well-being.
4. Ethical considerations: Gain insights into the ethical implications of nature-informed therapy and how to navigate the unique challenges that may arise when working with clients in natural settings.
5. Theoretical foundations: Reinforce your understanding of the principles and research underpinning nature-informed therapy, including the biophilia hypothesis, attention restoration theory, and stress reduction theory.
Embrace the wisdom of the natural world and unlock the potential of nature-informed therapy to foster lasting change in the lives of those you serve. This invaluable field guide is your key to enhancing your practice and helping your clients experience the transformative power of nature on their healing journey.
About the CNIT
Center for Nature-Informed Therapy is committed to studying, training, certifying, and promoting therapies that tap into the healing power of nature. As a pioneering institution, our mission is to equip mental health professionals with the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively weave nature-based approaches into their practice, fostering personal growth, emotional healing, and resilience in their clients. We hold a deep conviction that connecting with the natural world is an essential element of human well-being. Through our research, training programs, and community outreach, we aim to advance the field of nature-informed therapy and advocate for its inclusion in mainstream mental health treatment.